My name is Angela Maloney and I'm a senior at Ledyard High School. This summer I lived in rural Paraguay, volunteering with Amigos de las Americas and PLAN International. I lead community service projects to prevent deforestation, promote fuel efficient stoves, and improve nutrition. I worked closely with local youth to develop leadership and plant seeds for lasting change.

Saturday, August 8, 2009


Today was my last day in community and Andrea and I wanted to make the most of it. We had a list of things we wanted to complete before the end of the summer so we saved them all for the last day. We milked a cow and drove an oxen cart. Andrea's host mom let her kill a chicken and I cut the head off. We helped her prepare it too. I spent the rest of the day packing and spending time with my host family. We had a Goodbye Party and we said Bye to all the people we had met and worked with.

What is AMIGOS all about?