My name is Angela Maloney and I'm a senior at Ledyard High School. This summer I lived in rural Paraguay, volunteering with Amigos de las Americas and PLAN International. I lead community service projects to prevent deforestation, promote fuel efficient stoves, and improve nutrition. I worked closely with local youth to develop leadership and plant seeds for lasting change.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Today I left Tajy and training to meet my host family and community. My host sister Anotonia came to pick us up and we rode in the back of a pick up truck. There are lots of chickens outside of my house and my host family is very friendly and nice. I'm living with Mabel(mom,) Nini(dad,)Grandma, Antonia, Fatima and Ema(host brother). They have two dogs Espike and Lassie and I really wanted to pet them but it's against the rules. We had an unofficial Charla or class and played games with all the children in our community.

What is AMIGOS all about?